Saturday, July 31, 2010

In this Pursuit

To me a Muse is: That someone who stirs you to your depth of soul, awakens what as been dormant or sleeping within your heart and mind. One who stokes your passion for life and the creativity of the Divine that resides in you.

All the great people had someone that did this for them.

Will it happen to me? And how will I react?

Aren't love and passion strange things? It strikes when you least expect it, with whom you have just met or with whom you may have known for years and you have just "seen" for the first time.

The heart of the matter is so strange and fascinating. It is life, this unpredictable experience we call life. And I have realized that I must trust what it is meant to be. Yet I am not the casual observer. I take what life gives me and make the life I desire.

To desire someone, an incredible human being who makes me believe that the impossible is possible, who has touched a part of me I believed dead. Yet what happens if present circumstances indicate that I can't have her in my life as I desire?

And It has been said that if you love someone set them free, if they return of their own will and desire then they loved you in return. If they fly and don't return then love was not the foundation but something else. In matters of the heart we ultimately show our true selves and desires through our actions. And time will be the judge. I want someone that wants me for me and vice-versa, a companion to share my journey of life discovery and for me to share in hers. Will I let her go? Yes. Will I want her to return to me? Yes. But if she doesn't, what then?
I will love her as she goes, and will cherish and honor her wishes. I will not rashly speculate on the outcomes.

I am committed to pursuing an amazing life. In this pursuit, this journey of mine, I'll one day glance up and recognized an amazing woman that has walked into my life. All I'll know is that she will have awakened and taken me farther along on my journey to discovering a full life because she has walked some with me and for this I will be extremely thankful. Will I like the chance to share more of the journey with her? Exploring where life might take us together? You bet!

Yes my muse... I know you are out there!

No comments: