Friday, February 13, 2009

I think I have caught the speaking bug

today I spent the noon hour as a guest speaker at a local toastmasters club. my friends Byron and Karen were there to cheer me on and around the room there were a number of unfamiliar faces. I stepped up to the front of the room and started off my inspirational speech with a great opening and left my notes behind as I got into my speech. About half way through I decided to try to incorporate some new material into the speech on the spot. some of it worked and some dropped like a rock. I was able to pull it out at the end and wrap it all up.

one of the aspects I love about toastmasters is all the constructive feedback from the audience after the speeches are delivered. I learned some excellent things about myself and the way I communicate from those new folks I met today.

and I'm sure I'll get some more feedback from my friend Jim who I'll see tomorrow.

Since joining toastmasters last year, I can see how I've improved and grown as a speaker and communicator.

No comments: