Friday, September 24, 2010

Life from the Unseen

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

by Marianne Williamson

This is one of my favorie quotes and makes me contemplate the life that we live. How much time and attention do we give to that part of our experience and surroundings that are unseen? How much credence do we give to the immaterial? There seems to be an interesting relationship between the physical/tangible and the world that our eyes do not see visibly.

What is manifested and created begins as an idea -that which is immaterial. Our minds play a huge part in creating the road of our experience. And I'm realizing how important rest and nourishment are to my brain and the inner perspective from which my whole life flows.

What does it mean to be connected to the source of life? To be energized and filled with peace, happiness and joy? How does one accomplish this state? And can that state be continually be lived from? In moments of meditation I find myself there. When I consciously focus and let go of the concerns of the day I feel this connection to the source of life that keeps my mind and heart and breath flowing. I am continually reminded what a big part my outlook on life affects my experience. Emotion colors everything. If I am positive and hopeful and confident then I am more willing to take a chance. If I'm feeling low or fearful or insecure than I tend to make decisions that make me more cautious. I find this all so fascinating. Most of the time the determining factor in a decision to take a particular course of action rest on my belief and feeling about it's outcome even though the outcome has at that point not been realized.

So life really comes down to what we imagine & make of it. We chose a physical paths from the internal unseen part of us and gather resources and create the lives we want. We may stumble and fall short time and again but we will always live up to the quality of life that we believe we deserve.

What do you fundamentally believe you deserve in this life? What do you dream and imagine your life to be? Whatever they are you will subconsciously work at fulfilling.

I dream of things that others think are unrealistic. Of course everything is unrealistic untill it comes into being. Besides there is no harm in charting a course that is audacious! :)

No comments: