Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Day of Rememberance

It was twelve and seven years ago today that my world was altered. A brother and an uncle moved on to life beyond this mortal coil. The space they left will always ache until we are reunited. I've spent some time reflecting on their lives and the words I wrote last year on this date to commemorate them still hold true.

Last year I wrote:

Today, September 11th marks the departure from this world of two of my favorite people. My brother Thaddeus and my uncle Jonathan, two great souls who lived life with passion and hearts open to God. I shall never forget the friendship we shared. My memories are a mix of joy and sorrow. and I marvel at the depth to which I've been touched from having known them. Time, and the years that have passed since their departing has faded some memories and magnified other memories (the jolly and the not so jolly are affected) . If you had the good fortune to know either of them you know of which I speak for you have some memories of them too. My brother Thaddeus died on September 11 , 1996. My uncle Jonathan died on September 11, 2001

No comments: