Friday, September 05, 2008

Replacing Lost Things

After turning my things upside down looking for my lost ID the last couple of days, I decided to bite the bullet and make a trip to the local Department Of Revenue to get it replaced.

I walked in the DOR and 4 & 1/2 hours later walked back out with a piece of paper that assures me that for my time and money ($14.00), I will receive by mail, the official laminated card with my picture on it within the next 30 days! I must admit that I did get to pass the time multi-tasking, I read a great sales book, studied and took the written test to remove the air-brake restriction from my current license. I did find out that I'll have to take another general written driving test and a behind the wheel driving test if I want to add the passed air break test to my current license. so it looks like the DOR will be getting more moolah if I get a job that requires a passed air brake test as a driving condition!!

By the way I still find myself looking in vain for my lost ID in places that are illogical, go figure!

No comments: